Worship Service at the Family of Faith in Copperfield
- Contemporary praise music welcomes the worshiper. The Family of Faith Praise Team represents the congregation’s dedication to worshiping in an intergenerational way. Youth, young adults, and more mature adults all join together to lead the congregation in energetic songs. Praise Team directs the musical offerings while playing lead guitar. Other instruments include bass, drums, keyboard, various rhythm instruments, and occasionally violin, viola, and cello.
- Each service begins by calling upon the God who baptized us – thus we begin in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
- The Word of God is powerful, so the congregation is invited to read a psalm out loud with
- Pastor Doug. After the psalm is read, Pastor Doug leads the congregation in a brief prayer from the heart.
- Every service includes a children’s message. Jackie Wiebold, the Director of Children’s Ministry, invites all the children to join her in front of the altar. Each children’s message is custom made to share the Good News with young children. Puppets are at times part of the message, as well.
- Children have several special worship resources including children’s Bibles in the pews, a dedicated area for preschool children, coloring activity pages, as well as free child-care.
- The message of the day is dedicated to studying a biblical text. Each message is highly illustrated with projected images.
- The ancient baptismal creed, the Apostles’ Creed is confessed.
- Opportunities to respond to the Gospel with one’s talents and gifts are presented.
- On the first, third, and fifth Sundays, the sacrament of the Lord’s Supper is served.
- An elder joins Pastor Doug on the altar to give thanks and request blessings.
- The Aaronic benediction is spoken over God’s people.
- Praise Team conclude worship with a high energy contemporary praise song.
- All are invited to a light reception in the back of church for fellowship.
Address: 16710 FM 529 Road, Houston, Texas, 77095